How it Works
Most frequently asked questions and answers about GritLink
GritLink provides endurance athletes and adventure enthusiasts with resources to stay healthy and gain knowledge about the sports they love. Members can find a sports care provider by searching our vetted network of professionals who are experts in treating injuries and health concerns that are common to endurance and adventure athletes. GritLink members can also find answers to their health or training questions from GritLink University, a curated collection of articles, videos, podcasts, and other content from experts in endurance and adventure sports. The GritLink community is connected by our love our sports. We are respectful, inclusive, and supportive of each other’s amazing goals and accomplishments.
GritLink, LLC is registered in Kenmore, WA and is founded by Joan Studley and Cortney Jacobsen. We believe that being active outdoors and participating in physical challenges teaches us how to live life to our full potential. Learn more about the GritLink purpose here.
Athletes and Adventurers can access the GritLink Provider Search and GritLink University (at no cost during the beta period) by joining the website. A valid email address is the only thing that is required to join GritLink.
Go to “Find a Provider” (on the main menu) to search for a Provider based on the provider type (e.g. Physical Therapist, Massage Therapist, Certified Nutritionist, etc.), your health concern (e.g. knee pain, gut health, flexibility issues, etc.), your sport, your Location, and Insurance accepted. View the Provider’s details and contact them directly from their GritLink listing page.
Go to “GritLink U” (on the main menu) to search for articles, videos, podcasts, and other content from the experts in the GritLink Professional Network.
Are you a Provider who specializes in working with Endurance and Adventure Athletes? We want to meet you! Learn more about joining the GritLink Provider Network here.
For Athletes and Adventurers – GritLink is a vetted resource of healthcare professionals and information related to the endurance and adventure activities that you love. We’ve done the research for you of vetting the Providers who understand you as an athlete, and the Information that is trustworthy and science-based. GritLink is a time-saving resource for the busy athlete who is looking to stay in their best shape, perform their best, and maximize their training time. Join GritLink if you would like to:
- Increase longevity in your sport by connecting with Sports Care Providers who are experts in treating endurance athletes
- Access articles, videos, and other media that are curated with topics of interest to the endurance community
- Connect with other athletes to share events, travel, gear, and training
For Professionals – GritLink gives Providers and other Experts in endurance and adventure sports industry a platform for marketing their expertise and services. GritLink provides an audience of highly motivated and engaged athletes, more targeted than what would result from traditional SEO and other marketing efforts.
We seek sports care providers who are experts in working with endurance and adventure athletes. We screen each provider to ensure they meet these requirements:
- They have a passion for endurance sports, adventure activities, and outdoor recreation
- They understand and empathize with the athlete mindset, with a focus to keep athletes injury-free, or to help them get back to regular activity if they are injured
- They have a regular practice of treating endurance athletes and adventurers
- They are clear in their communication, and believe in educating, as well as treating, their patients/clients
- They are an ambassador for their profession
- They contribute to the athlete and outdoors community, on both a personal and professional level
We give strong preference to Providers who
- Are referred to us by a GritLink Athlete or an existing member of the GritLink Professional Network
- Are a thought-leader in their industry and are sought regularly for speaking engagements, business collaborations, research initiatives, etc.
- Are an athlete themselves
GritLink University is a collection of trustworthy and unbiased content about endurance and adventure sports. The content is primarily science-based and created by experts in the fields of sports medicine, sports science, and sports training. GritLink University provides athletes with a trusted online resource for expanding their knowledge and satisfying their curiosities about the endurance and outdoor activities that they love.
The content for GritLink University is created by the health care providers in the GritLink Provider Network, as well as other professionals in the Endurance and Adventure industry who are experts in their field; these experts include Authors, Coaches, Professional Athletes, Scientists, Business people, and health professionals.
Contributors to GritLink University, and their content, must meet these requirements:
- You must be the owner of the content you are contributing, this includes written content, videos, and podcasts.
- You must have the right to use all photos, images, graphics, and logos included in your content. You can find free, Creative Commons-licensed images at resources such as Pexel, Pixabay, and Unsplach.
- We prefer content that is medical, scientific, or analytical and includes references to the research or peer-reviewed studies that were used in the creation of the content.
- The content must be current and up-to-date.
- The headline must be clear and descriptive, and avoid guarantees, sales pitches, or using all caps.
- Content must be high quality and avoid typos and broken links.
- Content must include a featured image, which will be displayed throughout the GritLink site where your content is featured (for example, in a content carousel at the bottom of your Listing page).