Ortho/Sports Physical Therapist
Follow On Social
Virtual Appointments or Services available with this Provider!
Bio & Description
Brenna is a Pacific NW native, born and raised in Tacoma, who ventured to the Midwest and East Coast for her education, but returned to her roots to start her professional career in orthopedic physical therapy. She is distinguished as a board certified Orthopedic Specialist (APTA) and is the Director of Education for Avant. Brenna is passionate about expanding her own knowledge base and can often be found with her nose in a physical therapy journal or at a continuing education course. Brenna enjoys treating a variety of orthopedic conditions, but has a particular interest in treating running-related injuries, sports injuries in youth athletes, operative and non operative ACL injuries, shoulder dysfunction (acute and chronic), and foot and ankle pain. She has a passion for educating her patients on wellness, performance, and injury prevention. In her free time Brenna enjoys traveling, weightlifting, high intensity interval training, reading, and game nights. As an avid baseball fan she can frequently be found at T Mobile Park cheering on the Seattle Mariners.
Area of Expertise (Sports and Body Areas)
- Running related pain/dysfunction
- Running analysis and gait retraining
- Youth athletes overuse and acute injuries
- Injury prevention
- Shoulder injuries in overhead athletes
- ACL injuries
- Achilles tendon injuries
- Ankle sprains
- Plantar fasciopathy/fasciitis
- Patellar tendinopathy/Jumpers knee
- Femoral acetabular impingement syndrome (FAIS)
Background and Personal Athletic Experience
- Completed 13 half marathons
- Avid Mariners fan – I love baseball!
- Enjoy weight lifting and HIIT workouts
- As a previous long distance runner turned weight lifter, I now fully understand the importance of resistance training for runners and am a huge advocate for this for all runners I treat.
Affiliations with other Hospitals, Clinics, Clubs, Teams, etc.
- PT and Director of Education at Avant Physical Therapy
- Seattle Fastpitch Club Safety Officer
Services & Rates
PT services; Blood Flow Restriction Training; out-of-pocket costs dependent on insurance