Let me help you reach your Peak!
Follow On Social
Virtual Appointments or Services available with this Provider!
Bio & Description
Greg was born and raised in Walla Walla, Washington. He completed his B.A. in Exercise Science in 2009 at Willamette University. In 2012, he graduated with a Doctorate of Physical Therapy from Nazareth College in Rochester, NY. While practicing in Rochester in the outpatient physical therapy setting, Greg also taught as both lecturer and laboratory instructor in the Physical Therapy and Biology Departments at Nazareth College.
In August, 2014, Greg returned home to Washington State and continued his work as an outpatient PT practitioner for Peak Sports and Spine in Bellevue. As a clinical professional, he has a particular affinity and success with those suffering from both acute and chronic injuries of the musculoskeletal system. In 2017, Greg earned a clinical specialization in Orthopedics from the American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties.
Area of Expertise (Sports and Body Areas)
Greg’s ideal client is someone that is looking to stay active, out of pain, and work toward personal health and fitness goals. Over the years, Greg has gravitated towards a specialization in injuries of the foot and ankle, in both the general population as well as athletes of all types.
In addition to the foot and ankle, Greg has experience with helping individuals recover from injuries of the lower extremities (knee, hip), spine and pelvis, as well injuries to the upper extremity (shoulder, elbow, wrist/hand).
In addition to rehabilitation for common trauma or overuse related injuries to the musculoskeletal system, Greg has experience with those looking to enhance their athletic performance in all aspects including flexibility, strength, endurance, and nutrition.
Background and Personal Athletic Experience
Greg has been an athlete for a majority of his entire life. If there is a sport or activity, he has likely tried it at least once! Growing up, Greg’s mother loved to sign him up for basically every activity in town (probably to get him out the house!) including soccer, baseball, and basketball. Growing up in Walla Walla, Greg spent a fair amount of time at the local ice rink, and quickly learned to skate well. This lead to a decade long career hockey career throughout Washington, Oregon, and Canada. In addition to hockey, Greg participated in football, wrestling, track and field. As a senior in High School, Greg was named athlete of the year, and went on to play Division III football at Willamette University.
These days, Greg truly loves hiking, walking, running and strength training. He especially enjoys spending time with friends and family including his wife, Shawna, and their two Cavapoos, Frankie and Oscar. He has a passion for working with athletes of all types including all major sports, walkers, runners, and hikers. In addition to endurance and strength training, Greg has a special affinity for mindfulness training including meditation and yoga, and feels both can enhance both general well being and athletic performance.
Affiliations with other Hospitals, Clinics, Clubs, Teams, etc.
- Clinical Director and Staff Physical Therapist at Peak Sports and Spine Physical Therapy
- Regular presenter at the Shoes-N-Feet Store for their running groups in Bellevue, WA
- Presented on injury prevention at Super Jock N Jill in Redmond and also at Catholic Youth Organization in Seattle at their yearly coaches meetings
- Member of Seattle Pediatric Sports Medicine group which focuses on ACL injury prevention in youth athletes in the Seattle area.
Services & Rates
Below is a extensive list of services we currently provide at our clinical practice:
- ASTYM and other instrument assisted manual/myofascial therapies
- Gait/running assessment/training including video/slow motion analysis
- Custom orthotics
- Bike fitting
- Women’s health, and pelvic floor retraining
- Corrective and functional exercise – endurance, strength, stability, range of motion, coordination
- Gravity Training System (GTS) individual and group training
- Personal training
- Balance training and fall reduction conditioning
- Functional Movement Screening (FMS)
- Sport specific rehabilitation/performance training
- Orthopedic post-surgical rehabilitation
- Pre-surgical testing/conditioning
- Manual therapy
- Therapeutic modalities – ultrasound, cold laser, electrical stimulation, compression wrapping/taping, ice/heat, paraffin, mechanical traction for low back and neck
- Brace and assistive device prescription
- Scar tissue and swelling management
- Interdisciplinary referrals and counseling – yoga, acupuncture, orthopedic specialists, physiatry, personal training and other healthcare professionals (medical doctors, naturopaths, massage therapists, chiropractic, neurology, dermatology and more)
- Motor vehicle accident rehabilitation
- Work injury rehabilitation
- Primary areas treated – TMJ, cervical/thoracic/lumbar spine, shoulder, elbow, wrist, hand, sacroiliac joint, hip, knee, ankle/foot
- Vestibular rehabilitation